Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Thinking Ahead...

So, with only 11(!) squares left to knit..I find myself thinking more and more about what project I'm going to take on after this epic blanket is complete.
And I think about how seaming and knitting the borders will possibly take longer than knitting the squares has..But I try not to think about that, except to add to the list of movies I'm planning to watch as I do it.
But really. This blanket has been a constant factor through most of this school year. I've knit through the months of my freshmen year of college a blanket that I once didn't think I would ever be able to make. Once it's done, what then? I'm thinking another blanket, one in cheap yarn that I will actually be able to use. Because let me tell ya, this masterpiece should be hanging in a museum..There's no way it's getting all grimy. Heirloom, bay-be, heirloom. I've got a couple ideas in mind. I'm strangely drawn to squares. But maybe I don't want to take on another project of this magnitude right away. I don't know. And really, it's entirely too soon to tell. But I can't help thinking ahead, it's just the way I am.
Does anybody have any ideas of what I should do?

3 comments:

Kristina said...

It's so good to see classes havn't taken you out! I'm 16 squares into my blanket! I worked all through Christmas break and haven't touched it since. The BF and I are going to Toronto for Spring Break this week, I'm thinking it's a good car project. I'm putting new stuff up on the blog tonight before I leave, so feel free to come over and say hi!

Betharoopie said...

Hey! I saw your link from Yarn Harlot - you stood out by mentioning the Georgia Blizzard of '93. I'm a Georgia gal, now in NY, and my husband and I were going to school in Atlanta during that very storm. It ruined my spring break! Of course, had I been a KNITTER at that time, I would have totally been enjoying the down time. Just had to shout-out a Georgia "HAAAAAAYYYY" :)

Ragan said...

Hmm...what to work on next. That is a good question. Another blanket that you will use would be good, but do you want to do something that big...right after completing something big. Maybe a couple small items will help you to get some ideas for the next BIG thing. :)