Friday, March 02, 2007

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

Lemme just tell you, Dr. Seuss's birthday is a Big Deal at primary schools, especially the one where I volunteer in the library. We have been building up to this day for weeks...Every room in the school is a different page in the ABC Book, so you can read the whole book if you walk all the way around the school. Oh yes. Big times.

Real post (with pictures!) tomorrow...I just wanted to get the whole Dr. Seuss's birthday thing out there..I've been telling people for the past two days..He would have been, like, 104 years old. Dr. Seuss...we were pretty tight back in the day, just let me tell you. And my graduation speech started and ended with him.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

Great man, that Theo Giesel...

1 comment:

Ragan said...

Oh yes that was big at our house yesterday. My son came home singing songs from Dr. Seuss cartoons.