Monday, April 09, 2007

Little Found Things

Did the Easter Bunny come to your house?

'Cause he made it to mine!
I walked into the living room yesterday morning and sat down on the couch glasses and contact-less and didn't see my little basket until my mom pointed it out to me. Love the Disney princess eggs! I ate an untold number of mini Snickers this afternoon after work; I was so hungry and tired. One thing that always makes me feel better on days like this is to go to Barnes and Noble. Look what I found:
This is a birthday card. I adore Oreos, and the expression on this little girl's face is priceless. Beverly Lewis is another favorite:
I have developed a pattern in reading series of books. I usually get the first one a while after it comes out. If I like it, I'll get the second one, which may or may not be released just depending on how long the first one has already been out. Then, by the time the series gets to the end, I'm counting down the months, weeks, days, and hours, calling bookstores to see if it's in, analyzing ads that announce a book's arrival in "early spring" (that's so vague!). I've done this with Beverly Lewis, Harry Potter, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, and am getting there with The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency (although I am still pretty behind in those, I've read 4 of 8). This book doesn't exactly fall into that category; it was originally published before any of the Beverly Lewis books I've read. This is just a new edition, and it'll go really well with the rest of my B.L. collection. Plus, it's probably a really good book.
If anybody's still here, they're probably wondering when I'm going to get around to talking about the gorgeous work of art that these various items have been sitting on. Well, here it is!!
All seamed up and in desperate need of a border. My roommate talks to this blanket. Things like, "I remember when you were just one square." I'm pretty much obsessed with staring at it myself.
I've got one more picture for you. Saturday evening I felt a strange urge to go outside and take pictures of the trees and the sky. This dogwood tree is outside my bedroom window at home. Beautiful!

3 comments:

Kristina said...

We're having a blizzard here! Come save me please!

kathy b said...

Bunnies come to the mom's house always!

I love your blanket. What border will emerge???

Cant wait to see!

Kristina said...

I think my blog reaches approximitly 2 people, and that's not even counting my mom.