Sunday, December 02, 2007

Fab Four

the best of Summer Reading, '07 edition

1. Three Cups of Tea by G. Mortenson and D. O. Relin If you have not read this book, you must go out and get it..Trust me, it will change your life..Seriously, I do not think that there are that many books that I can say that about, and I do not say it lightly..Definitely one for the Christmas list.

2. I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith I absolutely adore this book; I reread it this semester..Every summer I take part in Barnes and Noble's buy two-get one free table, and this was one of the books I got this year..It's so good; definitely my favorite fiction pick for the summer..

3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling Definitely the most anticipated book of my summer..I picked up my copy the morning it came out, but didn't really get started until after lunch..and finished at 6:00 that evening..I did absolutely nothing except devour that book and it was amazing..

4. All the Jane Austen books I read Mansfield Park and Persuasion for the first time this summer and loved them both, and I reread Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility, both also amazing..I think that you have be at a certain age to really appreciate Austen's books, and it's different for everyone, of course..I read some of them when I was a few years younger and I liked them, but I didn't really start to love them until summer before last, when I read Northanger Abbey..I need to read Emma again, I haven't read that one in a long time (by which I mean, three years..feels like a long time, though!)

No comments: