Sunday, December 09, 2007

I miss making stuff

I miss knitting. I just really have no desire or drive to knit anything right now. I taught myself how to knit 4 years ago this Christmas, but this semester I've been going through a dry spell. i month or so ago I started a ballband washcloth just to show that I still could knit, but I got through 2 repeats and I was over. it. A year ago I was popping off miters and warshrags and procrastinating myself to death, but this year. Nada. Part of it is that I seem to have no money to spend on yarn..If I was going to knit anything, I would want to make a bigger mitered square blanket or maybe a log cabin blanket with a bunch of squares I could mattress-stitch together. I do so love to mattress stitch.

I haven't crocheted in the longest, either. I made squares and crocheted them together for my own little Babette (and by little, I mean Really Little), but I didn't like the way they were joined, and I didn't have the heart to take them apart. That was last July.

I really want to make Santa Lucia dolls. That may be my first craft project when I go home next Friday. If I get a lot of stuff done today and tomorrow, I'm going to take a mini-road trip Tuesday to Tarjay (one of my favorite places)and the Hobby Lobby, too. It's about 45 minutes away..and I'm doubtful about finding the doll pins and head beads that would fit together in my Wal-mart..

I did embroider half a house from my Japanese magazines I got earlier this semester..It's now buried in a stack of about ten magazines beside my bed..Seriously, I think I might have a magazine problem..I haven't worked on the house much because I need really really good light, so it's really not conducive to watching movies, which is how we chillax around these parts..

So yeah..I'm sorta in a not-so-chipper mood this afternoon..I've been around a person or two far too much this weekend..but in a week, I'll be home for a month, and I can get reenergized and refreshed and hopefully I'll make something, because I miss my friend! (Come on, who knows that song?)

No comments: