Monday, December 03, 2007

Note to Self


Betsy-Do not open until Thanksgiving Wednesday, 2005.


November 21, 2001

Betsy,

I just thought I'd write myself a little note. How are you? How's everyone?

Our house is coming along good. We hope to be in it by Christmas. I can't wait!

So how did the band's festival season go? Are you drum major? I hope so, or at least leadership! Keep flutie traditions running! I am a C-I am a C-H...

I'm trying out for District and All-State Band two Saturdays from now. Wish me luck!

Well, I need to go practice piano. Are you still in piano? I hope so. Is Sara?

Gotta go,

Love,

Betsy


Dear Betsy,

I just found your letter in the bottom of a box of snowman stationary. Seriously, did you really think you would find it four years later? I guess a little over six years is not so bad. You know, I was 13 when I wrote that note..Pretty obvious, huh? And I was 17 when I was supposed to find it..

You didn't get moved into the new house until Groundhog Day '02..Just a month or so after Christmas..It was so worth it, though, to have your own room after sharing with your brother and sister since you were 3..

The band season went pretty well..You didn't get drum major, but you didn't really want it by the time auditions came around..You did conduct from backfield for part of the show..And you were band captain your junior year..

Also, you totally bombed your district audition..you were shaking like a leaf!

I'm still taking piano..Sara quit a few months ago..She's taking baton lessons now..Maybe she'll be a majorette in a few years..

Well, I need to go practice piano (some things never change, huh?) Actually, I'm going to do some studying and get to bed..Did you know that you wanted to be a vet when you wrote that letter? You changed your mind about 15 times between then and now..Haha..

Love ya kiddo,

Betsy

No comments: