Thursday, October 18, 2007

Another sky picture, and some words



Soo..I want this book so bad I can almost taste it. And I went to Barnes and Noble today, I was going to buy it, but it cost more than I remembered, and I wimped out. Sigh..Someday. I'm not that good at sewing right now. I think I will get better once I have more practice. I mean, I've sewed for forever, but I don't think I've been doing it the Right way. I really want my own sewing machine. My mom's is older than I am, and there's really nothing wrong with it, except that it hates me.


No, really, it does. For example, I can never, ever get the bobbin to work right. Can't wind it, can't thread it. Never. I am nineteen years old, I have tried to do this umpteen times over the past 19 years. It never works. Then, I finally get my mom to come in there or she finally gets off work or whatever and Of Course it works the first time. No problem.

Whatev..


I went to Michael's after B&N and I was looking at the embroidery and cross-stitch stuff..they have linen cloth to embroider! It looks really nice! They have this thing that clamps onto the side of your sewing box and winds (ok, by hand, but Still!) your floss onto those little bobbin things! It only costs $1.29!! They have boxes to put your little floss bobbins in all organized by color! They have little DMC number stickers for your bobbins! Maybe I have just never really looked at all this stuff very well before, but it looked like they had some awesome stuff. I have this book on hold at the library, and it should be here Any Day Now..so forget finicky sewing machines, I'll just sew by hand, thank you very much!


Also, there are only about 6,000 people in line in front of me to get on Ravelry! (Last time I looked there were about 10,000) There are more people behind me than in front of me! Yay!


And finally, how Awesome is "Chuck's" wardrobe in "Pushing Daisies"? I want to be good at sewing so I can make all the adorable clothes she wears! I promise this is not going to turn into a "oh my gosh, pushing daisies, oh my gosh, gossip girl!" blog, this is the last time! Promise! (Ok, I don't promise, it's my blog, darn it) But man. Swoon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm glad you've had some rain...we however (in england) have had nothing but rain, and damp and mist for weeks. I could do with some sunshine...

Kristina said...

I got a sewing machine for Christmas last year from my grandparents (my grandmother is a professional seamstress). Hands down, best gift I've ever gotten. It was like $99. Think about it, Christmas is coming up and it's the gift that keeps on giving! I'm making some Halloween costumes, visit the blog after the fact and I'll put up some pictures :)