Wednesday, October 31, 2007

3:36(+24) and all is well

So..yesterday I wrote out this long entry to let it be known that I haven't dissolved into a little puddle..and then I came very, very close to posting it on the "No End in Sight" Ripple-Along blog..Today I retrieved it and here it is..

Hear that? It's me breathing a big sigh of relief; I made it through this day..Thanks for the encouragement, I needed that. And I needed to vent a little. I think I did ok on the test, all things considered..
I told myself that after I took that test, I would go and get whatever I wanted to eat for lunch. Turns out I wanted an Oreo Blast from Sonic. Then I decided that ice cream was not lunch, so I went to Central Park and got some fries and a Dr. Pepper. Yum. Maybe not the wisest of decisions; I didn't feel too good afterwards, but it was fun to 'splurge' a little (sad day when that is considered splurging..)..

I tried to upload a picture of the turkey votive candle holder I got my mom for her birthday next Saturday. It's cuter than it sounds, and I think she'll really like it. I really like it. She wanted this pilgrim people, but they were gone! There was like, 1 little stand of Halloween/Thanksgiving stuff at Hancock Fabric, where we saw the pilgrims. It was all 50% off, which was nice, except for the fact that there was nothing left and it's a solid month til Thanksgiving. Me and my mom are all about celebrating fall and Thanksgiving. We love Christmas, but not until after Thanksgiving.

Can I just tell you something? Listening to a cd of Frank Sinatra love songs makes gluing pictures of old statues on index cards feel romantic. It does not help you memorize the dates on those index cards.
JOSH TURNER'S NEW CD CAME OUT TODAY!!!I think it goes without saying that I've already got it. It came with a dvd. (Wednesday: I have now listened to it 2 1/2 times and watched the dvd..)Looking at Josh Turner AND listening to him talk and sing? It doesn't get much better than that. I have a feeling that listening to Josh Turner is going to make registering for classes in 15 minutes a lot more pleasurable. It might make up for classes I can't get into. Sigh.
I was at Wal-mart (buying the Josh Turner cd and granola bars--see, I eat a healthy breakfast, at least) and I think I've figured out what I'm going to get all my family for Christmas. My mom wants the book that Alan Jackson's wife (Denise) wrote. My dad has read every John Grisham book, and I saw a new one today. Yay! He's always the hardest person to shop for. I may or may not get my brother and sister "The Dangerous Book for Boys" and "The Daring Book for Girls". I flipped through them today and they looked really good. I dunno..depends..

Ok, I'm gonna go register for next semester and work on my time managing so hopefully I won't have any more self-induced breakdowns. (Did I mention that I've stresed myself into a cold? Love that. Probably my recent eating habits are not helping.)

3 comments:

Kristina said...

I'm glad all went well. I got a bunch of my Christmas shopping done too (in Chicago). My plan is to be finished by Thanksgiving, so I can lock myself in the house :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you survived your test!

Can you knit? I can really think when I am knitting and it is very calming because it is so repetitive.

Tharvey said...

Sure! Screenprinting is pretty easy, I wish I had known how to do it in high school & college!! I would have made so many shirts.

Here is a really good screenprinting tutorial, though I would not recommend using the embroidery hoop. Staple some organza fabric (something sheer) to some canvas stretchers for a nice cheap frame ~
http://community.livejournal.com/craftgrrl/3674467.html

I use screenprinting when the image is something I might want to use again. But if I am only making one shirt, I make a stencil, using freezer paper.

Freezer paper is like wax paper, but only wax on one side. You buy it in the same section at the grocery store. Lay the paper over your image, trace it out on the paper side. Then iron the wax side to your fabric.

Then you want to put your paint on in an up & down motion, so you don't get it under the edges of the stencil. The only other thing you would need to know about is how to do "islands" ~
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/2121/islands2bx.jpg

Oh, and you can use regular acrylic paint mixed with "textile medium" to paint on the fabrics.

You can see some of my stenciling here ~
http://pmthreads.livejournal.com/tag/stenciling

and screenprinting here ~
http://pmthreads.livejournal.com/tag/screenprinting