Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Adding to the madness...

Not much new knitting content from me today..but I taught my roommate how to knit last Thursday! It was sorta her birthday present. She is, and I quote, "pretty much obsessed". She's made a coaster (the first project--aww!), a washcloth, and she's got some good progress on a scarf. No kidding, she's a natural. Look, here she is glowing with pride after casting off and weaving in the ends of the coaster.
Well, I would show you a picture, but blogger is not cooperating today...oh well, maybe tomorrow.
Anyway, I've taught probably about 5 other people how to knit, but Hannah's easily the best. I mean, seriously. Okay.
So..this weekend was fall break, I just got back last night, thus the long lapse in entries..And one would think that I could have gotten a lot of knitting done, but I didn't, because pretty much the whole weekend was spent cleaning my room at home...It was quite the ordeal. I threw away/gave away two or three times what I kept...I mean, for real. It was pretty bad. Not like, messy, just cluttered with STUFF I've accumulated over the past 5 years. So much STUFF! I gave away two garbage bags of just shoes. Pretty much amazing. I would have taken before-and-after pictures, but I would be too embarrassed to post pictures of it.
Anyway...it was a nice, rainy weekend. Monday was the perfect weather to do nothing except lay on the couch, eat ice cream, and watch figure skating on t.v. Of course, there was no figure skating on t.v. I did eat some ice cream...Sigh...freshmen fifteen, anybody?

No comments: