Tuesday, October 10, 2006

She's Still Got It!




Why is my picture all sideways-y? It's done that before, but not recently..weird..Anyway, this is proof that I haven't completely abandoned knitting (along with proof that the scrapbooking is still going strong, although it is winding down). Two squares completely completed and another cast on for, what-what! Most of the green and orange one was knit while watching "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" with my roommate and two of our other friends. Good times, good times..I was told that this movie would change my life, and it pretty much did..Ha,ha.

So, school has been happening, too. I made a 104 on my music appreciation test!!! YAY!! I was SO excited!
Also, this past weekend was Mountain Day Weekend, which is a really big celebration of Martha Berry's birthday (Martha Berry founded Berry College many moons ago..1902, to be exactish). Part of Mountain Day is the Grand March on Saturday, where all the students walk up and down this big hill holding hands, linking up in twos, fours, eights, and sixteens..It's hard to explain, but really cool in person.


This is the front of the line...being a freshman, I was near the end. The way it works is, the girls and guys are suppoze to be holding hands, but the guy-to-girl ratio is so skewed here that the only the senior girls and especially fortunate junior girls get to hold guys' hands..then the boys run out..lol..but it was ok, it was really fun..


There's me going up the hill on the left, in the khaki capris..

I'd explain more about the most excellent traditions, but it's time for handbell choir practice..

2 comments:

Ragan said...

Have a wonderful year at college! And...love that second mitered square!

Ragan said...

Oh yes, and great job on that test! 104!!!
Also...I finally added your name to my little list of blogs I read, so that I can continue to find you and check out your knitting!